Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vintage Love

It's no secret that I love vintage.
Vintage cutlery.
Vintage vases.
Vintage furniture.
But most of all I love vintage clothing.
My love of vintage began at the age of 16 at a big old barn of a shop in Christchurch city, Tasman Traders.
It was there I bought my first velvet blazer and a brown and white paisley shirt.
Years later I discovered Tete A Tete and spent many hours looking and trying on.  I still have a couple of the cutest 60's tops ever and a fabulous skirt that I like to pop on every now and then.  And I still dream about the one that got away.  A gorgeous orange long evening dress.  That almost fitted me.  Almost.  Damn my bodacious bust.  Sigh.
In Wellington I lived down the road from a very cool vintage shop, which eventually closed down, but I love the black ladies handbag I bought from there.
When I moved to Auckland I discovered Trade Me and it's been there that most of my recent vintage finds have come from.  (I've only recently been brave enough to venture up to K Road, which isn't scary at all, don't know why I thought it was)  Anyway,  the purchase below is my absolute favourite.  It makes me feel like a lady (especially when teamed with my vintage lady bag)


3 comments:

  1. The velvet blazer/paisley shirt combo sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks owlinalarkworld.

    They were pretty special together.
    Alas the paisley shirt had to go to the big vintage store in the sky this year as it was threadbare :(

    ReplyDelete