Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Macarons are not Macaroons.

I love macaroons.
All that chocolaty biscuity coconuty goodness.
Yum.
They were such a treat when you were a kid.  A change from chocolate chippies or krispie biscuits.  Up there with Mallowpuffs.

Even as an adult I still find myself feeling decadent when buying them.

Then, along came macarons!  Pretty dainty pastel coloured things filled with exotic flavourings.  Fancy!!

And even more expensive than macaroons!

I had to try them.  And try them I did.

While holidaying in Australia my sister and I lost our macaron virginity with a macaron tasting!  A degustation if you will ... look!!!

There was also a pistachio flavoured macaron, that was eaten first.


I ate all 6 flavours, she conquered 4.

They were fab!  All crunchy and chewy and creamy.  My favourite was the chocolate.  Least favourite was raspberry, it was too raspberry jammish.

I'm so glad that they don't have boxes of these (made in France!) boxes of macarons in NZ.  At least not that I've seen.  If they did I would end up living on them, which probably wouldn't be too healthy.

Next step, making my own macarons!  I'll continue to buy macaroons.

2 comments:

  1. Oh they are just such a treat!!!! There is a company here in Christchurch that make the best ones ever!!!!
    Ahhh but I am to in love with macaroons too.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Where is this magical place? Will have to visit it next time I'm down! x

    ReplyDelete