Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sausage Rolls Rule

I'm a big fan of sausage rolls.

All that meaty goodness, wrapped in puff pastry.  It's just fabulous.

Of course they're not so fabulous when done wrong.  When I bite into a sausage roll only to find it's an actual sausage wrapped in pastry with cheap tomato sauce spread between the pastry and sausage I want to throw a hissy.

But when I bite into a sausage roll using good sausage meat (ha!  'good sausage meat' surely an oxymoron) I am one happy lassie.

Of course the best sausage rolls are homemade and that's exactly what I did this arvo.  I use the Edmonds cookbook recipe but substitute tomato sauce for tomato paste.  And the result?  YUM!!!  Can't wait for them to cool down because much like pizza some things are best eaten cold.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, sausage rolls, pizza, party sausages, sausages, roast meat, apple crumble... all taste better cold :)

    ReplyDelete