Friday, June 3, 2011

Jesus Is Just Alright With Me

I love bread.
And I love wine.
And you know who else loved bread and wine?  Jesus.

Yep the big J-meister was a man after my own heart.  Because if my last supper was to be anything it'd be bread and wine.  But not the bad stuff that tastes like cardboard and smells like vinegar.  It'd be the good stuff.  I'd ask for a fancy bottle of pinot noir and for freshly baked french bread.

I'm into freshly baked bread, I try and do it myself a fair bit.  In fact I've found a marvellous recipe for baguette online, unfortunately my stupid oven is too small to cook a long baguette so I turn it into a loaf.


It's seriously good.  I especially love it when dipped in a balsamic reduction and good olive oil.  I don't suppose Jesus had that at his last supper.  Poor Jesus.  

Hmmm, it makes me think about The Rapture which was meant to happen a week or so ago and then didn't. The guy who predicted it must feel like a right twerp.  Anyway if the Rapture was to happen I'd try and bribe my way into heaven by giving J-dawg pinot noir from Otago, my own fresh baked bread and balsamic reduction and good olive oil from Waiheke to dip it in.

And I reckon if I did that I would be just alright with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment