Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's not easy being friendly.

Dear World,

Please be nicer.  

When I pass you on the street and say 'hi' or 'morning' please don't stare ahead with a stony expression on your face.  The wind might change and you'll forever look like there's a stick placed firmly up your backside.  Instead why don't you say 'hi' back.

When you walk into our local cafe and I happen to look up from my furious typing and smile at you please don't look at me like I've grown a second head.  If I have grown a second head please do tell me though.  But if I haven't why not smile back.  It won't hurt.  Trust me.

If you're in the supermarket and we happen to nearly crash into each other when rounding the corner at the same time don't give me the killer death ray stare.  Join me in a 'whoopsie' with a sheepish smile.  Gosh, why not make a silly joke.  I'll laugh with you.  Promise.

Dear World, in day to day life when you meet a stranger like myself why not give me a grin.  Let friendly words escape your lips.  Make an effort.  It won't kill you.  It might even make you feel a little bit awesome.

That's all.

Love,
From,
Me.

Birds of a Feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment