Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beans and Pork Fancy Style

A while back a friend took me to a Chinese restaurant in Auckland where we were treated to the most beautiful bean dish ever.

I've thought about it a lot since and today I decided to stop thinking and start cooking.  So after some googling I found a recipe that sounded similar then added my twist on it.

Basically it's beans with fried marinated chicken mince - as well as chilli, garlic, soy and ginger.

I also found pork strips at the supermarket today and marinated them in garlic, soy, onion, sesame seeds and ginger before baking them for 40 odd minutes.

The result?


Delicious!!  The pork was like pork belly, all tasty and slightly chewy and the beans were crisp and flavoursome.

I could eat this every day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment