Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hibernation

The first of May is still a whole month away from winter.  However the moment daylight savings ends my body goes 'it's winter go to sleep!!!'  Yes with three exclamation marks.  Hence why I've been such a slack poster.  My body and brain have spent the last few weeks in constant nanna-nap/grumpy-i-hate-winter mode.  But now that they're used to these shorter darker days they're raring to go again.

Today I officially came out of hibernation.

I woke up full of beans and embraced the wild wind to walk to the supermarche.  Picking up some yummy fresh ingredients I came home and made Annabelle Langbein's fabulous Busy People's Bread.



Then I made Louise Slice which tasted incredibly amazing while still warm and gooey from the oven.



And I finished it all off with beef bourguinon.


... Oh and I lit the fire for the third night in a row.


My body has adapted.  My mind is ready to rock and roll again.  Bring on the real winter, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment