Saturday, October 9, 2010

The summer of salad and spuds

My dearly beloved told me the other night that he would happily eat salads five nights a week. Which is awesome because I'm getting into this whole nutritious faze where I want to actually eat 5+ a day.

Then the other morning I woke up with a craving for a hawaiian baked potato - basically a baked potato smothered in coleslaw, pineapple, ham and a little cheese and sour cream. So I made it and it was divine!

Then I got to thinking about how few dishes you use when you make a baked potato and a salad and how much happier my husband would be if he didn't have to wash loads of pans and utensils every day.

With all these thoughts and ideas swirling in my head it all became very obvious ...

This summer we are eating baked potatoes or salads, with the odd fancy meal thrown in.

So tonight I'm making nacho mix (beans, mince, herbs and spices) and we'll have nachos tonight, but tomorrow night i'll use the leftovers to make a mexican baked potato - YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment