Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stone the crows Curtis!

Apparently when your're preggo you get all nesty.  Apparently that means you clean everything in sight.
I hate cleaning.  I'd even go as far as to say that I love germs.  And if you clean you don't have germs.  And if you don't have germs how do you have an amazing immune system?  So I clean only when necessary and revel in the knowledge that my immune system kicks arse.  (Let's ignore the fact I've had two colds this year - better yet, let's blame it on having a lowered immune system which apparently happens when you're pregnant - ACTUALLY imagine how many more colds I'd have had if I DIDN'T have an aversion to cleaning away germs?!?!!?)

Yeah, there's probably some scientist out there who'd tell me I'm wrong about my cleaning theory, but let's ignore them for the purpose of this blog post.

ANYWAY ... so whilst there's been no nesting of the cleaning variety I have suddenly kicked into high gear with my baking.  Which was handy as I had a baby shower the other day and held a high tea - lots of cooking went on.  I probably should have taken pictures.  Ah well.  It was good though.  I ate my baby's weight in food.  In fact double that.

Today I baked a recipe by the rather dishy Curtis Stone - corn and bacon muffins.  What I love most about this recipe is that it uses bacon fat.  BACON FAT!!

Here's a picture of how they turned out ... (I really need to get a new camera, my one never does the food pictures justice - imagine them looking more goldeny)



Curtis suggests teaming the muffin with herb butter, but I kept it real slathering it in good old fashioned plain butter - and it was special (light and fluffy, super flavoursome, with a slight shock of heat from the cayene, yum scrum!).



I'm meant to be freezing these for post-baby-i'm-too-exhausted-to-cook-food - but I don't think they're going to last that long.

Oh - here's the recipe if you fancy making some bacony fatty goodness muffins yourself ... http://www.curtisstone.com/Recipes/Snacks/Corn-and-Bacon-Muffins-with-Herb-Butter.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment